Sunday, October 3, 2010

Conventions of horror- PLOT. CAMERA MOVEMENT.MUSIC.EDITING.



Scream is a very conventional horror movie, this is something id be very interested in doing.



conventions of a horror..i found the use of camera work and lighting very interesting as it kept the audience more alert, in this short film not a lot at all happened but i chose to uploaded this on my blog so i was aware of the works of the camera.



the only reason i chose to upload this short film onto my blog is because of the music, i feel it could give me a good idea on my time of horror music id want to use in my short film.




i was blown away by the editing in this short film, to make it look like a ghost, also the sound effects..scared me to another level!


my teacher told me how a lot of writers use there fears to create films, this year i would really be interested in creating a short horror film. One of my biggest fears is coming home to an empty house with stranger who have broken in walking around my house, people watching me without me knowin and either being taken and helpless in a horrid situation.

for my movie i want to base the short film on one of my fears of being in a house when you think your home alone. ive been thinking about this idea and when i described it to my teacher craig he wanted me to go into more details, he asked me questions which i was unable to answer so over the weekend i sat down and chose to plan it all.

while looking at other horror films one of the horror films i payed a particular interest in was scream.

im going to base it on a teenage girl whos parents leave her home alone, while she waits for her friend to come round she recieves unknown calls.

Some people can take a joke, but sometimes people take a joke to far.

No comments:

Post a Comment